If you and your doctor have already decided that you can benefit from inpatient rehabilitation at Brian Center Southpoint, located at 6000 Fayetteville Road, just minutes from world class shopping district at The Streets at Southpoint, here’s what you can expect:
A Team Dedicated to Your Recovery
Being in a rehabilitation facility is different than being a patient in a hospital setting. We are a treatment team made up of Nurses, Doctors, Therapists, Dieticians, Activity Specialists and Social Workers dedicated to working together with you and your family to:
- Develop goals
- Strive to customize a treatment program for you
- Assess your readiness to move to the next step in the rehabilitation process
You will be assigned a Facility “Ambassador” to meet with you and your family members to ensure that many of your needs are being satisfied and that your questions are being answered.
A Goal of Getting You Back Home
The main focus of inpatient rehab is to help you regain your independence and to prepare you for going home. Every day, your team will work with you to help you understand your diagnosis and find solutions so that you can manage your health care when you go home.
A Typical Day
We strive to customize your activities each day to meet your needs. Your days in rehab are spent out of bed, outside your room, and involved in therapy and other activities for much of the day. Your days will usually start around 8 a.m. Our goal is for you to be awake, washed, dressed, and already have eaten breakfast before therapy starts. Breakfast can be served in either your room or the dining room.
The times below may vary, but here is how you will spend a typical day in rehab:
- Visit from your doctor — A physician will be available on-site most days. The physician will see you soon after you arrive as well as during certain intervals during your stay
- Nursing Team - The nursing team includes individuals with specialized training in wound management, electrocardiogram, and cardio advanced life-support systems. Nursing classifications include Registered, Licensed, and Certified Nursing Assistants. We strive to assure that nurses have received appropriate training to manage complex needs of the post-acute patient. Nursing care is patient specific but may include postoperative orthopedic care, neurologic, cardiovascular, medication management, surgical aftercare, wound care, and infusion therapy (IV).
- Therapy Team – We are a dynamic group of 25 Full Time Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists trained to provide Short Term Rehab with various diagnosis including, but not limited to orthopedic injuries, strokes, balance disorders, joint pain, wounds, and generalized weakness. Daily therapy usually begins at 9 a.m. Your therapist and Doctor will determine the duration and frequency of treatment. You could have between two to four hours of therapy each day, 5-7 times a week. You might be working on balance, strengthening, cognition or home management tasks in our state-of-the -art therapy gym, walking or navigating your wheelchair in the hallways, or going outside to work on community integration. We are here to help you regain as much of your independence as possible.
Following therapy you may enjoy lunch in one of four dining rooms or in the privacy of your own room. Your afternoon therapy schedule may follow with another therapy discipline in the afternoon
The goal of inpatient rehabilitation is to help you become as independent as possible so that you can return home. Your team will work with you and your family to determine what goals must be accomplished for you to return home safely.
- Our Social Work Team -- We will work together with you to make arrangements that will allow you to continue your rehabilitation wherever you previously resided. While most of our patients transition home after discharge, our social workers can also assist you in finding an Assisted Living Facility, setting up Home Health, and ordering any equipment necessary for continuing your rehabilitation.
Visitors and Visiting Hours
Your family members and friends also are an important part of your rehabilitation and are encouraged to visit you at any time. They can observe and participate in therapy and learn how to assist you after discharge.
Thank you for considering or choosing Brian Center Southpoint. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss your individual rehabilitation needs. We encourage you to schedule a tour prior to your procedure and hope that you will stay to enjoy lunch in our beautiful dining hall. Please feel free to contact our team at (919) 694-7927 with questions or to schedule a tour.